Monday, August 17, 2009

Jim Balsillie should fix my blackberry!

I am no business person but I own a blackberry. I SHOULD have an iPhone but my contractual obligations to a certain phone company make this impossible. I resigned myself to the fact that the maker of Blackberry, RIM, is a Canadian company and I should be pleased to be supporting them. My newly purchased blackberry is broken, already. Not from any misuse, I have been informed that most of the track balls - especially in the blackberry pearl - act up and that if I wanted it fixed I would have to send it into RIM and wait a few weeks to get it back. Breaking down so soon? I cannot believe a phone that costs people a cool few hundred is prone to such malfunction!

Imagine my annoyance to see much despised U2 (my distaste for them is purely post 2000 Bono) doing a blackberry commercial! As I cursedly jabbed away at the cheap piece of garbage phone RIM has taken the world by storm with, I decide I no longer side with Jim Balsillie on the whole Coyotes deal - I am team NHL! Are you there Jim? It's me, Maeve - use your fast amounts of money to put out quality phones that do not need replacing within one month of purchase!

Just when I think I can get a little peace, I read that RIM is the fastest growing company in the world. Oy vey, what a day.

1 comment:

  1. can i at least get your PIN# and we can bbm on your bunk blackberry? haha

    ReplyDelete